We are a leading independent live entertainment company arranging around 500 concerts, shows and festivals each year. Here you can view and apply for all our current exciting opportunities!
We are a company that values diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to every application we receive, recruiting on merit only.
Do you eat, sleep and breathe music? New, old, cross genre, artists that should have been, guilty pleasures and everything in between? Kilimanjaro Live are looking for a new promoter to join the team here, working on everything from pub gigs to, who knows, football stadiums. The position would ideally suit someone who shares our collective passion for music and events and who has probably already put on their own shows. Perhaps you want to work with a bigger company but one that still retains its independence and keeps both the customer/fan experience AND the artist at the core of its values. This position carries excellent potential for career progression for someone with the right attitude and willingness to put the work in.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MyTicket Ticketing Manager
This role is to ensure that ticket inventory for MyTicket.co.uk is secured from venues for MyTicket.co.uk promoted shows and is allocated to the preferred agent for MyTicket.co.uk sales. The MyTicket.co.uk Ticketing Manager will also report on the sales of these allocations and assist in keeping MyTicket.co.uk links, imagery and copy up to date.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Management of ticket allocations, invoicing and account reconciliation and ensuring contractual obligations are adhered to by all parties. This includes allocations for all relevant MyTicket.co.uk promoting partners and ensuring that ticket income is received prior to event maturity.
• Maintain effective working relationships with ticket agents, ticketing managers of MyTicket.co.uk promoting partners and any other relevant party to maximise ticket selling and other revenue opportunities.
• Maintenance of ticket sales spreadsheets to ensure up to date records are kept of capacities, sales, holds and opens for all shows. These records are to be accurately distributed, safely stored and filed correctly following event maturity.
• Monitoring ticket sales across MyTicket.co.uk to maximise sales and ensure ticket inventory is distributed efficiently to ensure complete market penetration until sold out.
• Liaising with the promoters and marketing teams to gain full awareness of marketing plans and ensuring inventory is allocated correctly to any associated sales points.
• Liaising with promoters and marketing teams to ensure the correct assets are utilised on MyTicket.co.uk and to ensure the MyTicket.co.uk homepage represents the priority events.
• Working closely with the venues to secure allocations at the best financial deal for MyTicket.co.uk.
• Managing the timely movement of ticketing inventory and reconciling events for final settlement.
• Maintain an awareness of new ticketing technology in order to effectively manage the adoption of changes as required.
• Undertake any other relevant duties or reasonable request as requested by the CEO, department heads or promoters for the benefit of the company.
• Provide and promote the highest level of service to promoters, customers and artist agents.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Monday 25 September.